Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 6 - Vichy & the start of Classes


Vichy, just like any good European town, has a two hour break for lunch. I love this life!

First day of classes today. Started early with a test and tour of the university, before starting classes. Good to know I have been placed at the level Monash told me I should be, would be devastated if it was lower! But it’s tough and nothing like Monash. EVERYTHING is in French, we’ve even been given a dictionary. Not a normal English – French dictionary, but a French dictionary. It’s fun – you look up the definition of one word, don’t understand the definition so look up a word from that. Confusing to say the least, but hopefully my French will improve exponentially being here. My teacher is very fun, and the class is small, so I’m happy.

Used the lunch break to do some more shopping. Slowly stocking up the fridge so I don’t have to do this every day, but even though it’s a short walk it’s difficult with too many shopping bags. Grabbed an almond pastry for lunch from the university restaurant.

Afternoon class was similar to the first, but with a focus on grammar. Classes finish around 3:30 and then there’s cultural activities or private study or you go home. I stayed and studied for a little while, before coming home to do my washing.

Absolutely exhausted tonight, so much new vocab running through my head. My favourite word thus far... d'accord. It's the simplest word, and all it means is OK, but I thoroughly enjoy using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment